Switzer, a precision metal components manufacturer in Blasdell, NY, is seeking a strategic buyer to join their growing team. Successful candidates will be responsible for strategic and tactical purchasing support within the organization (including purchasing, material planning and scheduling and cycle counting). This position will have ownership of the quality, delivery and productivity of suppliers, cost-effective and efficient warehousing services, outsourcing, asset procurement, inventory control and material scheduling.
- Establish and follow procedures to govern vendor/supply base relationships.
- Balance all aspects of the supply chain (price, delivery, quality, lead time, inventory and customer satisfaction).
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships.
- Lead all material planning activities.Schedule vendor orders.
- Identify and eliminate bottlenecks to improve lead times.
- Lead control of all inventory assets.
- Focus on process improvement (increase returns, reduce lead times and inventory costs).
- Travel within the region; 10-20%.
- Candidate should have superior communication skills with internal and external clients and be able to influence and build consensus.
- Must also have vendor negotiation experience, conflict resolution ability, great attention to detail, strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Manufacturing experience is required.
- Supply quality engineering experience and familiarity with ERP system is preferred.
- Candidate should have a Bachelor of Science degree in a business discipline (supply chain or material management preferred) and 4-5 years of experience as a strategic buyer or a similar position.
Switzer offers a competitive package of benefits, which includes health, dental and vision with employer contribution, a health reimbursement account, employer-paid life insurance and short/long-term disability, 401k with employer contribution, generous vacation time and PTO and eight holidays as well as a birthday holiday.
Does this sound like you?
Then, apply! We want to meet you.
Send your resume to: