Switzer, a precision metal components manufacturer in Blasdell, NY is seeking a Machine Operator 1 to join their growing team! Switzer believes in pursuing perfection and leveraging the best technology to meet client needs. Switzer is always looking for dedicated, hard-working talent who will uphold our values in a challenging, professional atmosphere. We offer competitive pay and an unparalleled benefits package that align with our company mission, vision, values, and goals – a culture that promotes career growth.
Successful candidates will be able to set up, operate, and maintain a subset of the production equipment at one or both Switzer locations.
Shift Monday – Friday, 2:15pm – 10:45pm.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Set up and operate equipment per standard operating procedures and describe best practices as instructed.
- Always assures in-process quality. Takes process measurements at prescribed frequency and reacts to out of tolerance conditions.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment and champions world-class housekeeping throughout the operation.
- Utilizes maintenance request documentation to keep our equipment functioning as effectively as possible.
- Identifies corrective and preventative actions to assist in continually improving the business with emphasis on principal area(s) of responsibility.
- Displays a positive and team focused attitude. Completes other tasks as required.
- 1+ years of relevant experience in similar manufacturing environment
- Punctual arrival for shifts
- Organized with strong attention to detail
- Responsible and determined
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Can measure and verify key product characteristics and dimensions to print
- Can recognize, diagnose, and correct basic equipment failures
- Able to fill out, interpret, and react to control charts
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Pay Grade 12: $12.50 – $17.40 per hour
Switzer offers a competitive package of benefits including employer contribution toward medical insurance premium and HRA (Health Reimbursement Account), dental, vision, 401k with employer match, employer paid life, short and long-term disability, and medical and dependent care FSA.
- Paid Vacation and Personal Time
- Eight (8) Paid Holidays
- A day off for your birthday!
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Professional Development Opportunities