Employees at Switzer work hard and play hard. We’re committed to the manufacturing of precision metal parts, and we strive to manufacture the relationships that drive our business forward.
Switzer is always looking for dedicated, hard-working talent who will uphold our values in a challenging, professional atmosphere. With competitive pay and an unparalleled benefits package, Switzer employees are motivated by a culture which promotes career growth – just ask one of the many employees that have been with us since the beginning.
Switzer, a precision metal components manufacturer in Blasdell, NY is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join their growing team! Switzer believes in pursuing perfection and leveraging the best technology to meet client needs. Switzer values their team and promotes a culture of balance with generous benefits.Successful candidates will be able to install, maintain, and repair electrical/mechanical systems and all equipment within two facilities as well as perform preventative maintenance on and monitor wastewater system. Employee must function at high levels of quality and efficiency while maintaining the highest standard of safety.
Schedule Monday – Friday 2:45pm – 11:15pm
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Independently troubleshoot immediate/daily problems and complete corrective actions on all production and wastewater system equipment.
- Plan, perform, and record data for all requested maintenance, and mechanical/electrical repair work via the Maintenance Repair Work order system for all production and wastewater system equipment.
- Perform all preventative maintenance and cleaning procedures as documented.
- Participate in training programs in troubleshooting and performing repair work to advance skills. Participate in manufacturing process improvement initiatives, establish standard operating procedures, and assist and advise Production, Engineering, and other business functions as required.
- Mechanical aptitude, general knowledge of industrial equipment, and ability to identify basic equipment failures.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings.
- Demonstration of precision maintenance practices to include understanding of instrumentation, electrical troubleshooting, variable speed drives, control systems, programmable logic controllers, PCs and precision repairs.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 years of related experience in industrial/mechanical/electrical maintenance in a manufacturing environment operating under a certified quality management system (i.e. ISO 9001).
- Electrical experience with PLC’s (Allen Bradley), AC/DC motors, controls, VFD drives, circuit boards, and 480V-208V three phase experience preferred.
Previous experience working in an environment with safety training requirements.
Paid Vacation and Personal Time
Eight (8) Paid Holidays
A day off for your birthday!
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Professional Development Opportunities
Does this sound like you?
Then, apply! We want to meet you.
Send your resume to:
Switzer, a precision metal components manufacturer in Blasdell, NY is seeking an Inside Sales Representative to help us continue to grow! Switzer believes in pursuing perfection and leveraging the best technology to meet client needs. Switzer is always looking for dedicated, hard-working talent who will uphold our values in a challenging, professional atmosphere! We offer competitive pay and an unparalleled benefits package that align with our company mission, vision, values, and goals – a culture that promotes career growth. This position involves taking incoming calls, making outbound calls, handling customer inquiries promptly and effectively in a fast-paced, team oriented environment. In the future, this position may include outgoing calls as well.
· Understanding customers’ needs and identifying sales opportunities
· Create sales plans and assessment of customer base to generate revenue by cross/upselling existing customer base. Nurture customer relationships, and follow up with progress to Business Development Manager.
· Meet and exceed customer’s service expectations. Provide timely and accurate information re: order status and respond to requests for information.
· Problem solve and escalate areas of concern raised by customer.
· Foster a positive working relationship with members of Switzer.
· Participate in training and professional development and put new skills to meaningful use.
· This position requires working on site at our Jeffrey Blvd location.
Required Knowledge and Skill Set
· Superior Attention to Detail
· Problem solving and conflict resolution
· Superior Communication Skills
· Highly motivated
· Experience in Manufacturing (Preferred)
· Experience with ERP Systems (Preferred)
Education and Experience
· Associates Degree in business related discipline (preferred). Equivalent years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
· 3-5 years of B2B inside sales or customer service.
· Hourly wage + sales incentives
· Health, Dental, and Vision with Employer Contribution
· Health Reimbursement Account
· Employer Paid Life Insurance, and Short/Long Term Disability
· 401(k) with Employer Contribution
· Generous Vacation and PTO time
· A day off for your birthday!