Employees at Switzer work hard and play hard. We’re committed to the manufacturing of precision metal parts, and we strive to manufacture the relationships that drive our business forward.
Switzer is always looking for dedicated, hard-working talent who will uphold our values in a challenging, professional atmosphere. With competitive pay and an unparalleled benefits package, Switzer employees are motivated by a culture which promotes career growth – just ask one of the many employees that have been with us since the beginning.
Switzer, a precision metal components manufacturer in Blasdell, NY is seeking a Machine Operator 1 to join their growing team! Switzer believes in pursuing perfection and leveraging the best technology to meet client needs. Switzer is always looking for dedicated, hard-working talent who will uphold our values in a challenging, professional atmosphere. We offer competitive pay and an unparalleled benefits package that align with our company mission, vision, values, and goals – a culture that promotes career growth.
Successful candidates will be able to set up, operate, and maintain a subset of the production equipment at one or both Switzer locations.
Shift Monday – Friday, 2:45pm – 11:15pm
- Set up and operate equipment per standard operating procedures and describe best practices as instructed.
- Always assures in-process quality. Takes process measurements at prescribed frequency and reacts to out of tolerance conditions.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment and champions world-class housekeeping throughout the operation.
- Utilizes maintenance request documentation to keep our equipment functioning as effectively as possible.
- Identifies corrective and preventative actions to assist in continually improving the business with emphasis on principal area(s) of responsibility.
- Displays a positive and team focused attitude. Completes other tasks as required.
- 1+ years of relevant experience in similar manufacturing environment.
- Punctual arrival for shifts
- Organized with strong attention to detail
- Responsible and determined
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Can measure and verify key product characteristics and dimensions to print
- Can recognize, diagnose, and correct basic equipment failures
- Able to fill out, interpret, and react to control charts.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Pay Grade 12: $12.50 – $17.40 per hour.
Switzer offers a competitive package of benefits including employer contribution toward medical insurance premium and HRA (Health Reimbursement Account), dental, vision, 401k with employer match, employer paid life, short and long-term disability, and medical and dependent care FSA.
- Paid Vacation and Personal Time
- Eight (8) Paid Holidays
- A day off for your birthday!
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Professional Development Opportunities